Trade Compliance Sales Exec
From identifying growth opportunities, reducing global supply chain risk, and improving efficiency, Maritime and Trade solutions from IHS Markit provide the information, analytics and insight you need to sail ahead of the competition. We have over 300 years industry experience and are the sole appointed authority for assigning and validating the IMO. We are also able to provide 100% of US seaborne imports and export data along with global trade information for 86 countries.
The sales and account management team work closely with our product, subject matter experts and marketing team to drive the growth of the Maritime & Trade data and analytics suite and deliver outstanding customer service across a wide range of customer verticals. Your Role
You will be a key member of the EMEA Maritime & Trade Sales team. Reporting into the Head of EMEA sales you will be responsible for driving new business growth of our exciting suite of trade compliance tools across the banking and trade spectrum of customers. Key responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility to drive new business sales of all trade compliance-related solutions
- Research and prospect accounts to identify key contacts
- Develop targeted multi-channel campaigns to generate new business opportunities
- Engage in C level conversations designed to discover sales opportunities and drive from a senior level
- Manage and maintain accurate Salesforce.com notes and data to illustrate work activities and sales pipeline data
You are a focused and high energy individual who thrives on driving new business growth. You are fully able to understand a customer's workflow challenges, the key responsibilities of their role and have a superior ability to map out the priority deliverables to help them achieve their aims. You are familiar with the challenger sale approach and can teach, tailor, and take control of the sales process. Your curiosity to understand your customers world and deep work ethic to deliver solutions is key to your success. Key Qualifications and Skills:
What we offer
- 5+ years' experience with software or data vendor specializing in sanctions, compliance, trade based money laundering (TBML), AML, KYC PEP
- Proven ability of closing large value sales across multiple stakeholders at various seniority levels
- Deep network of contacts across sanctions and compliance and within trade finance and export control is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of export compliance, trade finance regulation, economic sanctions are an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory sanctions frameworks such as OFAC, EU, OFSI, HMT is an advantage
- Proven track record of operating in the sanctions screening, trade finance or export compliance markets in EMEA is an advantage
- Competitive Base Salary and On Target Commission Plan
- Equity award
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.