Trade Assistant/ Operations Support
- Commensurate with Experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Evolution Markets Limited
- 02 Oct 18
- Location: City of London
- Reports to: Desk Heads, London Directors
- Compensation Range: Commensurate with experience
Growing Commodities Brokerage Firm seeks an ambitious, hard working individual to act as a trade assistant/operations support for its growing team of brokers, serving various commodity markets. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking employment in the commodity markets, working with seasoned industry professionals in a dynamic work environment.
- Support brokers on Multiple Brokerage desks with trade execution follow-up and administration;
- Ensure that all daily trades are entered into required trading and proprietary systems, within the required time as per exchange rules
- Review daily trade blotters and report information on a daily basis;
- Ensure all trades have been properly entered and cleared with the FCM
- Act as back-up to other members of the operations team, and assist with special operations/trade
Position Requirements/Candidate Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in commodity markets as a trade assistant and or operations support
- Knowledge of and experience with commodities products a plus
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in and understanding of global energy commodity and financial markets, including markets infrastructure.
- Candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and organisational skills; include proficiency with relevant energy commodity trading software and data systems.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with futures clearers (FCMs)
- Experience with trade entry (ICE, CME, Trayport) systems a plus.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business is preferred.
- Candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Detail and results oriented,
- Team player,
- Able to make quick and independent decisions,
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and work well in a tight-knit team environment.