Trade Admininstration - Money Markets Analyst
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
As a Money Market Trade Administration analyst you will be responsible for trade administration duties for Global cash and supporting the Trading desk and Portfolio Managers.
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. We are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
As a Money Market Trade Administration analyst you will be responsible for trade administration duties for Global cash and supporting the Trading desk and Portfolio Managers. This includes but is not limited to:
- Support the Cash Portfolio Managers in all aspects of their business including:
- Reconciling (cash and position) and providing cash balances each morning for same day larger value investment
- Confirm trades with brokers on Trade Date
- Instruct trades to Custodian/Administrator/Client
- Communicate all settlement information to the appropriate custodian and broker.
- Resolve any unmatched / failed trades
- Resolve any trade related queries with both internal and external parties
- Complete projects as assigned
- Daily and weekly reporting
- Ensure accurate portfolio positions are reflected on the accounting/trading systems
- Maintain internal records of account, client and custodian details
- Products include Reverse Repo, Triparty Reverse Repo, ABS, Deposits, Commercial Paper, Certificates of Deposit
- Monitor broker/custodian performance through the use of issue logs and metrics
- Respond to queries raised by Portfolio Managers/Brokers/Custodians/Trading /other Investment Operations departments/Relationship management, Compliance and Legal
- Review current process and make suggestion to improve processing efficiency
- Know and align with company policies and procedures
- MiFID II Transaction and Trade reporting knowledge
You will be forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines, and to perform well in a high pressure environment.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, prime broker, fund administrator or custodian.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equity, FX, Futures.
- Analytically minded with strong analytical skills.
- Willingness for you to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Excellent social skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding investment markets and settlement.
- Appreciation of stamp duty markets, financial transaction taxes and collection of them in relation to in specie activities.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.