Top Global Investor seeks Analyst for Real Estate Secondaries role
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Real Estate
- 26 Feb 18 2018-02-26
Top tier global asset management platform is looking to hire an Associate (1-3 years experience) for their Real Estate Secondaries team.
Our client is a leading global alternative asset manager with four main investment vehicles – Private Equity, Real Assets, Credit and Secondaries.
The secondaries platform is a leading global alternative investment platform with tens of billions of assets under management across corporate and real estate private equity. The platform integrates broad multi-manager investment capabilities to deliver innovative solutions to client needs. The Real Estate team is led by senior investment professionals averaging more than 20 years of experience and 14 years working together. This team operates with a flat organisational structure and an entrepreneurial culture, while also being fully integrated into the broader business. It is actively growing and expanding its capabilities to meet new client demand.
Our client is seeking an Associate-level investment professional to join the Real Estate Secondaries team. This team is responsible for sourcing, analyzing and executing on opportunities to invest in a wide variety of real estate assets globally through the real estate private equity secondary market. The Associate would be fully involved in all aspects of a fast-paced and thorough investment process, including careful due diligence of opportunities and creation of detailed underwriting models. He or she would also play a role in advancing the business efforts of the Real Estate Secondaries team more broadly. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who would thrive in a dynamic environment working alongside the senior team and executing exciting investment opportunities.
- Analyse potential investment opportunities
- Create detailed valuations for a wide variety of real estate assets globally
- Conduct all aspects of investment due diligence
- Research real estate markets
- Draft investment memos
- Execute and close transactions
- Participate in proactive sourcing efforts
- Monitor existing investments
- Support marketing and capital raising efforts for prospective investors
- Approximately 1-3 years of secondary investment experience, preferably within real estate
- Prior participation in an investment banking analyst training program is a significant plus
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Passion for investing
- Familiarity with real estate
- Superior ability to analyse, interpret and communicate data
- Excellent technical proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter who functions well in small entrepreneurial team
- High energy level with a strong desire to succeed
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Intellectually curious, hard working
- Must reflect the firm’s high level of ethics, integrity and fiduciary mindset
- BA/BS required