Third Party Vendor Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Third Party Vendor Manager
Corporate Title: Up to Senior Vice President (Up to SVP)
Line of Business: CTO
Our Bromley office has an exciting opening at SVP level for a Third Party Vendor Manager to join our CTO area. You will lead performance and mitigate risk for vendors aligned to high risk product or service categories which may cross or support multiple lines of business.
You will identify potential risks, implement key controls, and be accountable for validating performance and ensuring risk objectives are met through contract adherence. You will collaborate with Procurement in establishing appropriate contractual terms and serve as the primary liaison between Vendor and end user.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Dedicatedly identifies issues and emerging risks and takes swift action to resolve or raise as appropriate.
- Measures vendor performance and other expectations as per the contract and program requirements
- Dedicatedly handles the happiness of the business with the vendor to constantly re-evaluate their needs
- Influences the vendor's technology direction in order to support BAC direction
- Coordinates and executes Vendor Management Program deliverables, ensuring the necessary documentation is completed and implemented consistently across the portfolio through the planning, due-diligence and contracting process
- Facilitates cross functional communication and work efforts between Vendor Managers and line of business partners (Third Party Oversight, Front Office Business Units, Procurement, Legal, Global Information Security, Compliance, Business Continuity and Ops Risk).
- Builds and executes cross-functional objectives and strategies for relationships handled
- Influences peers and senior management within the LOB to take action on complex, technical or sensitive topics that have companywide impact
- Participates in meaningful governance routines to report on Third Party service levels, risk status, and program management as needed, to support business decisions such as external procurement strategy and rationalization of Third Parties
- Leads miscellaneous projects as needs arise (process improvements, internal audits, regulatory support)
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Work across multiple functional teams to set direction, build consensus and solve problems
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within organization.
- Able to learn quickly, including learning systems, and produce results.
- Able to lead projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Passionate about contributing to the organization and has thirst to succeed
- High integrity, energy and sound interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, detail oriented, organized, and exercises good judgment
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise manner
- Able to handle multiple priorities and work effectively across multiple organizational units
- A self-starter with ambition and drive; exhibits ability to dedicatedly follow up and get results
- Sound oral and written language skills
- Good Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly with Excel, PowerPoint, Visio; Ability to develop clear, concise reports/decks
- Third Party risk and relationship management skills are helpful
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment