Test and Release Manager
Help our trading business build a Front Office risk calculation platform, using the latest cloud-based technologies and distributed stream techniques. Our trading technology division have embarked upon a greenfield programme which will deliver a new risk platform, capable of providing real-time as well as end of day risk calculations across all asset classes.
We're building this platform in-house, with a team of dedicated and highly skilled Engineers. You will be working with the latest technologies including AWS, Docker and Kubernetes and interfacing directly with the business. This platform will be used by our primary revenue generators. If you have worked in a similar environment that would be useful but isn't essential. Key responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Own and lead the test and release process across the team's applications and systems.
- Assess, define and execute test plans.
- Coordinate release and test activities across a global development team ensuring timely delivery of deployments to production.
- Liaise with stakeholders at various levels in order to plan release activities alongside project dependencies.
- Continually asses opportunities to improve test effectiveness and efficiency.
- Able to champion best practice when it comes to tools and ways of working to compliment the team's development processes.
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Have experience of the software development lifecycle, in particular using an Agile methodology.
- Have a strong background in software testing and release processes.
- Be able to demonstrate adherence to change management risk and control processes.
- Be familiar with cloud native / Kubernetes deployment methodologies.
- Have hands-on experience using source control systems (such as git) as well as build and release tools.
- Have good interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator.
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Hands-on experience using test management tools such as Xray, Jira, Quality Centre.
- Hands-on experience using various test automation approaches, tools and scripts.
- Have experience of working in financial services and a Front Office delivery team.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.