Telecom Sourcing & Relationship Manager - EMEA
DESCRIPTION Are you an expert at helping customers move ideas forward from ambiguous to crystal-clear? Do you thrive on driving programs and projects that deliver value to a global organization?
Amazon's Technology Sourcing and Infrastructure (TSI) team is recruiting a Vendor / Sourcing Manager who will be responsible for Amazon's Telecom Supply Chain for Corporate and Customer Service sites with focus on the EMEA region. The role includes expanding and managing the Telecom vendor base, as well as the demand pipeline from internal Amazon customers. Network connectivity is a critical lifeline for Amazon teams and the management of cost, delivery, availability and improvements will be central to the success of this position.
As a Telecom Business owner, you will engage upstream with technical leadership teams in helping to shape the strategy and drive execution for both internal and external facing projects across a variety of technologies and disciplines. You will be responsible for working with external vendors and leveraging internal capabilities across Amazon to deliver solutions. You will establish program requirements, initiate, structure, negotiate, and close new relationships through Master Telecom Service Agreements, as well as renewals of deals to grow the top and bottom line, establish a preferred vendor list, and implement Service Level Agreements (SLAs). You will work closely with global teams and drive standardization across the organization.
This role manages the day-to-day interaction with the Telecom vendors and conducts formal business and performance reviews (QBRs) with vendors and Amazon leadership, identifying key activities, setting strategic direction and establishing potential development opportunities. It monitors key performance indicators for adherence to contract requirements, SLAs, and performance expectations and leads efforts to resolve anomalies or exceptions.
This position will require 25-33% travel.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in the field of business, computer science, or a related field
• 3+ years of Vendor Management experience
• 1+ years of experience with Telecom circuit installations, order management, and service agreement negotiations
• Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed support and engineering groups, and leadership of team members based in other locations
• Successful experience negotiating cost structures and executing master telecom service agreements
• Thorough understanding of Telecommunications technologies (MPLS, EPL, PRI, DIA, etc.)
• Ability to travel up to 33%
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Intimate knowledge of, and experience researching, global connectivity regulations
• 5+ years of Vendor Management experience
• 1+ years of direct people management experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with Microsoft Technologies, such as Office and SharePoint
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience within complex organizational settings (i.e. remote teams)
• Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with both tech and non-tech individuals
• Strong bias for action (self-starter) and "get it done" attitude