Technology Risk - Sec Div Engineering Mgmt
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Technology Risk Officer will be responsible for representing, managing and communicating technology risk for the Securities Division. This requires representing firmwide control requirements and specific control requirements related to this division. The Technology Risk Officer will be primarily focused on security controls in business applications/processes that support the Securities Division business lines (FICC, Equities, Marquee, etc). The successful candidate will be a trusted risk adviser to high performance application and platform teams across the division.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interact with SecDiv engineering stakeholders to understand and communicate risks to critical infrastructure and systems, defining potential business impact, and tracking commitments to apply effective mitigating controls.
- Drive adoption of application security, technology privacy, privilege management and vulnerability management controls as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and production management (DevOps) processes.
- Track the progress of remediation of control gaps identified by firmwide control programs, application security and vulnerability testing, Internal Audit, self-testing, or controls self-assessment.
- Assist in the execution of the access and entitlements recertification, and the SOX404 and operational risk control self-assessments by evaluating the key risks and assessing mitigating controls and evidence to determine the risk profile for the organization.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) that are mapped to various risks and controls to determine control gaps, and advise application development teams on implementing risk mitigation measures.
- Communicate the impact of technology risks and the approach to mitigation/acceptance, and provide risk assessment and advisory services to technology engineers, and technology and business management.
- Work with internal application development teams that are developing the next generation of critical business applications, help them understand Information Security, Cyber Security and Business Resiliency control requirements, and advise on the integration of these controls into their applications.
- Collaborate with the global Technology Risk Governance, Application Risk, Vulnerability Management, Privilege Management, Risk Measurement, and other global Technology Risk teams to develop and integrate best-in-class security and resiliency controls and practices.
- Contribute to the technical understanding, adoption and convergence of information security standards, solutions and tools.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of managing / delivering IT Risk advice and improvement projects in FSI with experience of leading teams
- Experience of managing diverse business and IT stakeholders at all levels of seniority, including CIO, CRO, CTO, CFO and CISO
- Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
- Strong understanding of FS sector - business processes / products / keys risks
- A good understanding of technology platforms
- Good knowledge of different operating systems, databases, networking, security concepts and technologies from an IT risk and controls perspective
- A proven ability to manage and monitor program timelines, deliverables, budgets and financial performance
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value and work with colleagues in other lines of business to help find solutions to the challenges they face
- Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience driving controls adoption based on information security policies, procedures or standards.
- 3 years experience performing technology risk or vulnerability assessments aimed at independently assessing security weaknesses and gaps.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience interfacing with and communicating complex technical security concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Information security policy, standards, guidelines or procedures development and implementation.
- Infrastructure, database and/or application security experience.
- Privilege management (i.e. access and identity management, access re-certification) experience.
- Control self-assessment, SOX404 technical control assessment, SOC 1/SOC 2 control assessment experience.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
- Ability to work with large data sets, reporting dashboards and excel worksheets.
- Industry accepted security certifications including CISSP or CISM or CRISC or equivalent SANS certification.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity