We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours: do the right thing, better together and never settle, as well as our brand promise: Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture, one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Financial Markets Technology function is responsible for the systems development and technology infrastructure which underpin the Bank’s services for Financial Markets clients. The “IBOR Transition” is a bank-wide programme preparing the bank for the discontinuance of LIBOR publication.
The successful candidate will be responsible for key Financial Markets technology delivery supporting the IBOR transition programme and covering: software changes, analytics upgrades, vendor platform upgrades, end2end testing and overall readiness for the transition to Risk Free Rates, across circa 15 platforms, while adhering to corporate project management standards.
The candidate will be able to quickly establish objective working relationships with senior front office, COO, risk, finance, operations and technology stakeholders. The candidate is expected to build and drive a dynamic, globally dispersed team of business analysts, technologists, change managers and business stakeholders and take full ownership of technology deliveries throughout the delivery cycle. The role will be supported in that endeavour by applications manager and SME from the various parts of Financial Markets Technology: eCommerce, Pricing & Risk, Trade Processing, Data, Regulatory and Operations.
The candidate will need to bring accomplished leadership, intuitive organisational awareness and assured delivery skills to the role. The successful candidate will have an extremely solid Financial Markets and risk background with a solid track record delivering large scale technology programmes. The candidate will also be able to dive into details and help his team solve complex cross-platform problems. The candidate will be agile-fluent, comfortable and effective in dealing with the resistance that comes with large change programmes.
- Resource and project plans allowing to meet the programme objective
- Project implementation and change managed in accordance with agreed best practice
- Provision of logistical and implementation planning and support to all stakeholders in executing the deliverables in a consistent and transparent manner
- Establishment of an appropriate, efficient and comprehensive governance model to establish, manage and achieve the programme objectives. Definition of organization, roles, ceremonies, reporting
- Key project execution deliverables: scope definition, testing plan, acceptance criteria, roll out plans, financials management
- Gain recognition as a of the nWOW ("new Ways of Working") through agile advocacy, programme leadership and delivery
- Be prepared and ready for internal or external audit inspection
- Establish the position as the single point of escalation for IBOR transition FM technology knowledge and advice
- Represent the interests of the FM Technology, where necessary, in relevant committees or management forums
- Prepare and/or contribute material to relevant, higher-management committees as required.
- Record and continually review and revise the assessments of programme risks and issues.
Skills & Traits
- Strong communication skills – written and from the platform – with the ability to tailor messages to the audience.
- Pro-active stakeholder engagement with strong influencing capability.
- Possess a driven, can-do attitude and proactive in stakeholder engagement.
- Highly effective working and interacting with multiple stakeholders’ teams and functions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Expert in planning, organizing and leading large-scale technology projects (> 100 people) in the Financial Markets industry.
- Sound knowledge and first-hand experience of Financial Markets trade life cycle, pricing and risk (at least one asset class in-depth).
- Expert in full life-cycle software design and implementation with post-implementation support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with senior business stakeholders and executive committees in Financial Markets
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken).
People and Talent
- Define an organisation structure aligned and scaled to meet the agreed programme objectives.
- Ensure the appropriate provision of ongoing training and development of programme and BAU resources.
- Employ and retain high-quality people for the longer term.
- Ensuring appropriate succession planning for any critical role changes.
- Ensure continual review and optimisation of programme team structure and capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for any direct reports.
- Build a culture of good conduct. Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Group. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.