Technology, Platform, DevOps, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Platforms is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platforms solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the fir's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This role is for a team of DevOps Engineers to add run-the-bank operational capacity to the TRAIN team to be able to support the 26 bi-weekly releases of the C/C++ and Java codebases present on the various TRAIN SDLCs.
- Proficient in multiple scripted languages
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Job monitoring and experience of handling job scheduling failures
- Log file analysis
- 3-10+ of industry experience
- Unix/Win32 system programming
- Expertise in with C++ builds and related tool chains
- Experience of front line support and liaison with business developers and infrastructure teams.
- Shell scripting, Perl, Python skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.