Technology, Operations Engineering, Funding and Liquidity Execution Technology, Analyst Developer, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
The Client Services & Ledgers Engineering team owns and builds many of the firm's ledgers, managing billions of dollars of cash and security positions for Goldman Sachs clients on a daily basis.
Our applications have an enormous impact on the firm, including providing real-time views on balances for our Front Office repo traders, generating historical views of our clients' collateral positions, identifying exceptions and risks in account positions, and calculating interest payments for our clients. As the platform that centralizes all client transaction and position data, we utilize cutting-edge technologies to run hundreds of complex rules on a vast dataset to identify exceptions, risks, opportunities in a high-performance environment.
Our global reach requires a global team, and we have a presence in Singapore, Bengaluru, London, Jersey City and Salt Lake City. We work closely with Operations and other business divisions to enable new products, clients, and markets around the world.
Join us and help to continue the build-out of our next generation ledger, exception management, and interest calculation platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Use the latest technologies and approaches, such as Reactive Programming, RESTful micro-services, Spring Boot, and Kafka to build well-engineered Java applications that advance our next generation platforms
- Partner with our clients to understand their UX needs, and use HMTL5, CCS3, Angular/REACT and Bootstrap to enhance our UI
- Get involved in our Big Data platforms, and work with HDFS, Hive and Spark to help improve our data storage, access and analytics processes
- Collaborate with developers and clients across the globe in a variety of business units
- Participate in our SDLC; pair programming, reviewing code and providing technical mentoring for other members of our team
- 3-7 years of experience with object oriented programming in Java, SQL
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis with strong communication skills. Experience in test driven development
- Strong communication skills to work directly with business/operations stakeholders
- Experience with RESTful web services, web UIs (e.g., Angular, REACT)
- Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g., HDFS, Spark, Hive, Akka)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.