Technology Lead - Group Asset & Liability Management IT
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 21 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187417BR
Are you an experience development team lead who is looking for a challenging role in a fast paced environment? Do you have a knack for problem solving? Are you able to multi-task and influence for technical excellence?
We are looking for someone who would like to:
– engage in full cycle software development including requirements, design, implementation, and support of systems used by Group Asset & Liability Management (GALM) business
– work closely with the GALM business and technology partners to design best-in-class solutions and drive their implementation
– provide technical and architectural leadership for a functional area or project
– champion and guide dev teams in model engineering principles and best practices
– collaborate with cross-functional teams in global locations to achieve our goals
The GALM Secured Funding IT team is part of the Investment Bank IT function. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across Repo Trading, Inventory, Collateral Optimisation and Transfer Pricing. Our role is to develop IT applications to meet the immediate and future needs of the GALM business.
– Experience of designing and implementing business critical applications that handle high value transactions or have material financial or regulatory importance
– Experience of leading development teams following an agile scrum based SDLC
– Strong Core Java with experience of Java 7/8 functional features and developing concurrent, high throughput systems
– Excellent Server Side Java, Spring IoC framework, RESTful API skills
- Experience working with messaging middleware (e.g., IBM MQ, Tibco EMS)
- Experience with C++
– Working experience with TDD methodology and continuous integration.
– Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
– Experience with secured funding / repo trading/ collateral management applications a plus
– analytical, a problem-solver and good communicator
- a mentor and coach
– flexible and adaptable
– driven, ambitious and enjoy stretch challenges
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.