Technology, Finance Engineering, EMEA Market Risk Analyst Developer, Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role is primarily application development on a Global Market Risk System which produces risk metrics, including VaR (Value at Risk) and Stress Tests for the Market Risk Department, used for both for internal risk management and risk analysis for regulatory requirements. The role is in London and requires collaboration with a global regulatory stress test and platform engineering team. Development includes distributed processing, aggregation of Big Data for risk analysis and controls, workflow, building analytical tools and developing reconciliations with front office and upstream systems. The role includes capture of requirement from clients, development of design and implementation of technical solutions both on strategic and current architecture. The role will report into a local manager who is also the global technical lead for the team. The role also includes periodic third level support of the production environment.
SKILLS & EXPEREICNE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 2 years' experience in application development, either in Java or C++ and Advanced SQL and strong database skills
- A track record of detailed technical analysis, architectural and development pattern and familiarity with SDLC and tools
- Experience of effective team working, on multiple projects and collaborating with a global team
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in an iterative and fast paced and changeable environment
- Basic understanding of financial products, front office flows
- Very strong analytical skills, ability to undertake hands-on investigations, identify trends and anomalies and design and implement appropriate technical solutions
- Ability to form strong functional understanding of complex business requirements
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.