A commercial finance business partner role has been released by our client, a successful market-leading global financial services PLC. They are looking for a Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Finance Business Partner to provide maternity cover on an initial 12-month fixed-term contract and work closely with the company's CTO (so previous technology finance experience is essential). The position sits within Group Finance and would offer a team / working environment that is collaborative, professional and friendly.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with solid track record in Finance Business Partnering/Decision Support/FP&A
- Looking for those who have worked in high-impact and visible finance business partnering and finance advisory roles to provide key MI and data to aid in senior level decision making with the Technology/I.T. space. Candidates must have experience working at strategic level with the ability to communicate figures and analysis to form “big picture storytelling”.
- Senior level gravitas and excellent communication and influencing skills
- Oracle or Hyperion experience a bonus
- Good understanding of IFRS accounting policies
- Available immediately or on a short notice period (1-month or less)
The role is to provide senior finance business partner support to the Group Chief Information Officer (CIO) and their direct reports with a focus on forward planning and will initially report to the Group Head of Management Accounting with a daily working relationship with the firm's Finance and Technology functions.
The position requires a suitably qualified accountant who can support the Technology leadership and bring appropriate financial support and analysis to new initiatives and business cases. The role also provides oversight of the capitalisation and allocation processes and management of the financial forecasting process for technology.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and understand the monthly Global Technology management accounts and provide insight and analysis to senior management through liaising with regional controllers and business management
- Support the commercial delivery of business projects and new initiatives using standard business case formats and within investment approval policy
- Review the investment spend approval process and make recommendations for improvement
- Provide financial reporting on key project spend, understanding variances to budget/approved spend
- Support the group-wide annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Oversight of the capitalisation process including timesheet allocations by region and charge out rates used globally
- Understand the balance sheet and fixed assets and work with regional controllers to ensure adherence to policy
- Input to global cost allocation process