Technology - Business Analyst/Project Manager - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 05 January 2018
Application Closing Date: 01 February 2018
Technology require a hybrid Business Analyst/Project Manager to enable Technology to drive forward a number of these initiatives that require involvement in various areas of Engineering. The current focus on regulatory projects within many European engineering function has resulted in a backlog of opportunities that have not been pursued. In order to deliver to the business, this role is likely to include oversight of newly created technology pods in order to achieve project measures of success.
We are seeking a Business Analyst / Project Manager with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support technology needs across the Divisions. You will expect to acquire detailed knowledge of multiple areas within the firm
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Manage high risk enterprise projects by leveraging best-in-class project management skills and strong functional / architectural expertise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role creates the opportunity for an individual to manage multiple projects across various Divisions of the firm which require an engineering uplift in order to meet new business opportunities. The first of these is a Russia entity consolidation and new business opportunity, looking to merge our Bank and broker dealer operations and increase equity market share from the new consolidated entity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with Business users to identify, define & document the problem domain
- Preparing business workflow diagrams, use cases, UI Design, Requirement Specifications, logical data model, business test scenarios, status reports, etc.
- Supporting the project team during the entire development lifecycle by clarifying business requirements, testing applications and reports, and ensuring that the technical solution meets the business requirements
- Facilitating appropriate end user training and communications
- Articulating business cases and explain financial metrics to senior leaders across the Technology Division
- Conducting data analysis and ensures consistency and accuracy of information provided
- Leading and facilitating the gathering and creation of user requirements across multiple functional areas within the Technology Division
- Developing requirements documentation based on information gathered and in conjunction with senior members across the Technology Division
- Setting agenda for requirements, working sessions, and meetings
- Gathering requirements and capture actions and issues
- Developing solution proposals
- Documenting pertinent business processes via flow-charts
- Probing for edge cases to uncover subtleties in the current processes
- Communicating updates, statuses and timelines to all stakeholders
- Escalating items that are unresolved or at risk
- Prioritising analysis based on risks and demonstrate ability to work with incomplete information
- Asking focused questions and rapidly gain an in-depth understanding of the current processes and compare and relate to similar situations
- Delivering key results to senior management and address corresponding queries
- Conducting research on topical issues
- Conducting detailed problem tracking, resolutions and completion of all actions and issues by their deadlines
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Significant experience as a Business Analyst/Project Manager within the financial services/investment banking industry required
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
- Financially astute with a solid and broad understanding of technology and related financials
- Demonstrable record with project delivery required
- Experience of implementing new technologies and involvement in product roadmaps and strategies required
- Must have had experience of producing materials for board meetings and workshops
- Experience with product development and rationalisation, platform adoption and stabilisation, transformation and strategy implementation required
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Investment Banking Business and Financial concepts, products and services
- Understanding of the Technology Concepts and System Development Life Cycle fundamentals
- Knowledge of project management tools, Tableau, Visio and proficiency in MS Office package especially Excel required
- Demonstrated skills in creating business and technical requirements documentation that developers can use to create applications that support the functional, technical and visual requirements
- Ability to generate business use cases and screen mockups describing the business processes and expected functional experience
- Experience in developing test plans, strategies and conducting User Acceptance Testing
- Excellent communications skills to effectively communicate with bankers, systems developers and senior stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.