Norges Bank Investment Management manages Government Pension Fund Global, assets worth more than 10,000 billion kroner, or about $1.1 Trillion. The Government Pension Fund Global is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets and real estate. As manager of one of the world's largest funds we have developed a highly skilled investment organisation with a global outlook. We are more than 525 people from 37 countries based in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Technical Support Engineer
Do you want to join a Technology team that pioneers the use of cloud technology and that has insourced and moved the entire data center to the cloud? Do you want to work as a Technical Support Engineer in a company who values its staff? Working in the biggest Sovereign wealth fund in the world, you will be exposed to a lot of skilled people who value what you do.
Norges Bank Investment Management is looking for a dedicated and results-orientated Technical Support Engineers to join the Technology and Support department. Technology and Support is part of Norges Bank Investment Management Technology Area and is responsible for the technology platform. We have recently moved our entire datacenter infrastructure to Public Cloud and taken internal operational responsibility of the IT estate.
What you will do
Norges Bank Investment Management has decided to insource the delivery of first line IT support services. This role is part of the insourcing initiative and will join the End User Services team. The main objective of this role is to ensure the services and support we provide to our end user are in line with the needs of our organisation. End User Services is a central part of Norges Bank Investment Management's Technology & Support Department, and we are instrumental in delivering IT services to the organisation. The team serves all employees in Norges Bank Investment Management.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will represent the first point of contact for Norges Bank Investment IT services. You will work closely with all employees in all departments in helping and solving their technical requirements and needs.
Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture, and we believe in delegation. You will be given the opportunity to excel and to make an impact. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by the idea of this challenge. If you are eager to learn new technologies and help to develop our future ways of working with Technology Services in a secure manner, then this is a unique way to build a career in IT in Investment Management.
Your position will be located in our London office, and report to Head of End User Services. Some travel is required.
As part of End User Services, you will have been exposed to and have demonstrable experience in all of the following:
* Ticket processing and incident handling
* Support the full suite of Microsoft 365 services
* Desktop software and hardware issue diagnosis
* Endpoint Management, hereunder specific focus on Windows OS troubleshooting
* Support Network and Cloud Services teams
* Support Cyber security, especially phishing analysis
* SCRUM and Agile methodologies
What you need
* Bachelor in Information Technology or Computer Science
* Experience with international investment firms, and experience with the topics in the main responsibilities above, will be considered an advantage
* Experience with leading local IT support teams
Who you are
* An interest in taking ownership of issues and making decisions, possessing a problem-solving mindset
* Enjoy collaboration, building relationships across all levels in the organisation and continuously improving the services being offered
* Strong communicator and exhibit a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English, with an ability to contribute to documentation and a passion for sharing your knowledge
* International mindset, customer oriented and with an eagerness to learn
* Self-driven and proactive attitude
* Team player, detail oriented, logical thinker and willing to grow as an individual and as part of a team
This role will support our 24/7 follow-the-sun model. As such, there will be a requirement to work onsite shift patterns on rotation with the wider team to cover trading hours during weekdays. Candidates should be willing to work outside of core hours in a shift model and be willing to be on-call over the weekend and holidays.
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world's largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity, and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation where 38 nationalities are represented. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy, and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions. Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
* Competitive Base Salary
* Gender - neutral leave, Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Health Insurance including dental
* Income Protection
* Defined Pension contribution
* 25 days holiday
* Support to take necessary courses and certifications to keep up with the technology.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Cecilie Skrindsrud Øverbø, Head of End User Services. Phone +47 2407 3208
Due to GDRP rules, we can only accept applications made via the online portal on www.nbim.no Any application not sent via the portal will be disregarded.
Opening date 04/05/2021
Deadline for application is close of business 1st June 2021. The System will close at 11.59 CET on the 31st of May.
We will not be reviewing any CV's until after the deadline of this role.
This is direct Recruitment and we will not be working with any agencies on this piece of hiring.