Technical Product Owner
Technical Product Owner Location: London
Are you a self-starter and organised individual? You enjoy developing innovative products and solutions in the financial services space. You will contribute and make an impact towards the global investment portfolio analytics industry.
- Reporting to Product Management, you will execute strategy to build and deliver our product offering
- Manage a team of quantitative product specialists responsible for assisting customers, answer technical queries, and showcasing our capabilities
- Identify customer requirements and translate them in user stories
- Liaise with Product, Data Science and Software Development leadership team to prioritise customer requirements
- Act as point of contact for Data Science and Software Development team on any query on the product
- Manage software releases and go-to-market strategies, in partnership with key stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, etc)
This is a newly formed team within the IHS Markit financial services division tasked to build analytics in the portfolio management space.
The team is characterised by a strong entrepreneurial culture. You will thrive on innovation of new products and analytics. With a practical entrepreneurial mindset, critical thinking skills and attention to detail you will have a quantitative background, an aptitude and curiosity to explore and exploit the unique data sets available with IHS Markit.
You will have had exposure and knowledge of portfolio analytics techniques including regression. You must have a proven ability for using creative problem-solving to drive business results and should have strong communication skills and be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- A minimum 7 to 10-year experience in multi-asset portfolio analytics in the buyside space
- Strong knowledge of investment products, both fixed income and equity
- Strong knowledge of python and other programming languages
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in scrum and agile software development
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
It's a bonus if you also have (Optional)
- Practical, with a can-do, entrepreneurial attitude and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and cultural aware
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.