Technical Lead, Software & Data Engineering in London | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Technical Lead in Software & Data Engineering
What you'll do
- This is a chance for a technically minded individual to join our diverse, inclusive team
- Youâ€™ll be able to put your existing programme management skills to the test and benefit from our development opportunities
- Youâ€™ll make have a tangible effect on our function and be able to advance your career
Youâ€™ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. Weâ€™ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
The skills you'll need
- Drive the design and development of reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
Youâ€™ll need a strong background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as extensive experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
In addition, we'll expect you to have experience as a team leader, responsible for managing priorities and blockers through to completion, and you'll need a background of using a number of core technologies in order to influence the design of critical components.
Youâ€™ll also need:
- Expertise in software development using Scala or Java, with experience of using Hadoop, Spark, Big Data, Agile and DevOps and ElasticSearch
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- The ability to explain complex technical design to senior members of the business community
- The ability to understand and support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if youâ€™re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and weâ€™ll do everything we can to help.