Technical Lead Developer #082797
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The role is for an experienced agile Technical Lead with experience of working in large and complex systems in a constantly changing environment. The successful applicant will need to work with Front Office and Trade Mgmt business as well as Senior IT Management, to understand requirements and deliver solutions for improving and expanding the Derivatives business's technology platform and its related business processes, on a global and regionally-specific basis.
- Technical Leadership of a team of Java developers working within a high-calibre Agile team environment
- Ownership of key IT systems for the Equity Derivatives business
- Design and delivery of in-house software solutions, with a focus on high quality systems
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the business
- Support of user and system issues
- Play an active role in defining and improving the departmental Development and Support processes
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Strong understanding and preference for agile delivery processes, and experience within high performing agile development teams.
- Extensive experience in Java development and the JVM ecosystem.
- Experience in design and development of web applications and web services.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and strong team player.
- Ability to advise and influence technical peers and business sponsors.
- Problem solving ability. Creative thinking. Analytical mind set.
- Good written communication skills - focus on clear and unambiguous messages.
- Strong desire to learn about the business and its challenges.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects and initiatives at the same time.
- Knowledge of Equity Derivative products or structured products an advantage.
For more information visit Technology Careers .