Technical Business Analyst
IHS Markit Financial Risk Analytics delivers enterprise risk solutions to some of the largest firms in the financial services industry, and is part of IHS Markit, a dynamic entrepreneurial company listed on the NYSE.
IHS Markit is currently investing in their technology platform to develop a number of new revenue generating products, leveraging open source and big data technologies. These include new visualisation, risk aggregation and smart data initiatives that address new data, risk and regulatory requirements and are highly visible and strategic within the organisation.
These initiatives are using best of breed technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Cassandra along with in-house developed technologies, and the successful candidate will be working in a fast paced, dynamic team environment, building commercial products which are at the heart of the business. Your Role
- Use the latest Python libraries to transform market and trade data and submit to our cutting-edge derivative pricing library
- Assist with manual data preparation and automate repetitive tasks associated with data cleansing, transformation, and loading
- Work with the Product Owner and senior analysts to collect and analyse regulatory and client requirements
- Ensure requirements are well understood by the development team preparing specifications, mock-ups, and prototypes as necessary
- Provide customer service and client support to both technical and business users for both internal users and external clients
The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills with a background in software development. They will be working with a highly capable and dynamic team to create innovative, industry-leading applications for the calculation, analysis, and reporting of financial risks associated with derivatives transactions.
What we Offer
- 2-3 years experience with software development and/or technical business analysis is preferred
- University degree (Bachelors in computer science/maths/finance/physics) or equivalent experience
- Experience with the python programming language
- Experience with software development practices and lifecycle
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of banking risk management practices and regulations related to derivatives transactions an asset (Fundamental Review of the Trading Book, counterparty credit risk, regulatory capital, valuation adjustments, etc.)
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work with experts in the field and learn from them
- Work with the best of breed technologies
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.