Technical Business Analyst
- GBP70000 - GBP90000 per annum + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Black Swan Group
- 11 Nov 17 2017-11-11
Highly reputable mid-sized Asset Manager requires a Technical Business Analyst to assist and support a number of change initiatives (mostly system enhancements and implementation) across the fund.
A high performing mid-sized Asset Manager is currently recruiting for a Technical Business Analyst to oversee, manage and support all technical change projects across the fund.
The role will blend technical business analyst work, system enhancement and development with key organisational, project planning and PMO deliverables.
The fund invests across a multitude of asset classes through diversified strategies which has enabled the fund to grow at an accelerated rate both in bull and bear markets. The fund employs around 500 staff in London whilst still adopting a flat and very engaging structure. This will mean that the incumbent successful enough to land this opportunity will have huge visibility across the entire fund, both front office and investment teams as well as infrastructure and technology. This is not a regimented and fragmented business, it is agile, nimble and hugely collaborative.
The technical element of the role will involve identifying business change opportunities through system enhancements and implementation. Whilst solid development skills are not a prerequisite the ability to understand technology, read code and understand the mechanics of technology within an Asset Manager/Trading House would be desirable.
Key Duties will involve but not limited to:
- Gathering business requirements, understanding how these requirements can be realised through current technology within the fund.
- Extreme high level stakeholder management - This is C-Level and ultimately the most important leaders in the fund
- Creating and maintaining requirements for Macro Development change
- Working with Business Users to evaluate requirements and implementing project plans to meet the needs of said users through enhancements in technology
- Acting as the bridge between the Business and Developers to ensure the smooth running of all projects involving systems enhancement and technological change
- Performing Gap Analysis and Scoping
- Identify & appraise AS IS and TO BE business processes required and relevant technologies to deliver change
- Implementing effective and efficient PPM tools
- Typical PMO duties blended with technical business analysis
To apply you will have:
- 5 years of technical project management and change experience either as a Business Analyst, System Development Leader or Business Architect
- Blended technical skills with solid PMO and Project Planning experience
- Exceptional business analysis skills including business case development, user case modelling, requirements gathering and documentation, scoping, gap analysis and BI
- Mid-Level coding or ability to read code and engage with Developers
- Proven capability and evidence of delivery within complex programs and projects within mid-sized Asset Managers or Investment Banks
- Exposure across the entire project life cycle, business transformation and change management methodologies.
- Given high stakeholder engagement excellent communication and interpersonal skills is a must Experience managing and working alongside senior level business and technical stakeholders.