- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Tradeweb LLC
- 05 Oct 18
Technical Analyst / Integration, Technology Tradeweb Markets is a world leader in building and operating electronic over-the-counter marketplaces. Since 1998 the company has helped transform the way that business gets done in the fixed income and derivatives markets. Tradeweb’s position as the hub of
Technical Analyst / Integration, Technology
Tradeweb Markets is a world leader in building and operating electronic over-the-counter marketplaces. Since 1998 the company has helped transform the way that business gets done in the fixed income and derivatives markets. Tradeweb’s position as the hub of electronic trading in fixed income and derivatives business has been made possible through a longstanding partnership with the industry.
Our focus has been to enhance the efficiency and transparency of the markets through the application of technology without significantly disrupting the business models of the world’s major financial institutions. Over the past 14 years Tradeweb has built a global web-based electronic network of thousands of the largest banks, asset managers, central banks, pension funds and insurance companies to buy and sell government bonds and other fixed income and derivative instruments. This client-to-dealer business is the largest of the three Tradeweb Markets divisions serving institutional investors in 23 markets, across 15 currencies, and in more than 50 countries around the globe.
In the inter-dealer market, Tradeweb provides a broad range of voice, electronic, and hybrid platforms to the major global banks. Dealerweb, the inter-dealer division of Tradeweb, was formed in 2008 following the acquisition of broker Hilliard Farber & Co, Inc. Since then Dealerweb has expanded rapidly and in 2013 it opened its first market in Europe, providing inter-dealer trading of iTraxx indices.
With the recent introduction of MiFID transparency rules, Tradeweb has launched an Approved Publication Arrangement (APA) offering both post-trade transparency reporting as well as pre-trade SI quotes service.
Description of position:
This role will operate within the global Tradeweb technology team. The role includes:
· Work together with business product managers and technologists to gather new and changed business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
· Work hands-on with clients’ technical teams to assist them integrating to Tradeweb systems
· Investigate, define and document functional and technical requirements
· Investigate 3^rd party technical integration issues and internally/externally take appropriate steps to resolve
· Own and maintain technical specification documents in Tradeweb repository (JIRA)
· Assess requests from client technical teams for changes and representing them to Tradeweb development if required
· Own and maintain technical API documents for Tradeweb Europe
· Communicate with clients technical teams to provide them information on changes
The role will require a great deal of interaction with development staff at customers, dealers and third parties as well as within all our client’s front, middle and back office and operations staff so a strong communication skill is important.
This London-based role will report into the Director leading the Technology Product Development team for Europe.
- Problem solving skills
- Commitment to achieving high standards
- Strong and proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents
- Strong and proven ability to communicate with both technical and business teams
- Technical knowledge and aptitude, scripting skills a bonus
- Experience working on API a bonus
- Knowledge of Fixed Income and derivative instruments, trading and operations is a bonus
- Effective communicator with global counterparts and external clients