Technical Accounting Manager
A rapidly expanding London Market Insurance business has a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Insurance Accountant to join their dynamic team. Working closely with the Head of Finance, you will manage all the core financial accounting, controls and reporting for the syndicate and insurance company. Whilst managing a junior team member, you will also look to develop increased efficiencies around the finance close process and drive process change and improvements across the finance function.
Key areas of delivery will be:
- Overseeing all the core financial accounting, controls and reporting for the Syndicate and related entities (Service Company and Corporate Member) in close collaboration with the Head of financial accounting and reporting, CFO, the Group/Division accounting team.
- Developing increased efficiencies around the finance close reporting process and collaborating in driving process change and improvements across the finance function.
- Developing and implementing robust accounting and financial controls.
- Management of the quarterly close timetable and production of quarterly class level and consolidated management information (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Reconciliation and posting of technical insurance information including Gross & RI premiums, commissions, UPR, DAC and IBNR
- Oversight and review of expense information ensuring compliance with group deadlines and ensuring accuracy of cash book and accrual postings
- Posting of transactions relating to twice annual "coming-into-line" capital alignment process and review and sign off of all key balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong collaboration with finance colleagues responsible for operational Finance activities including, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, SOX Controls/Audi, Company Tax reconciliations
- Work with the Head of Operations and other department leads to ensure that monthly close is efficient and that robust controls are in place at data input level for Underwriting and Claims activities so that correct information flows through to the financial records.
To be considered for this role, you be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) and/or have relevant demonstrable experience in a senior accounting role. Lloyd's experience is a must as you will need a strong grounding in how a syndicate works and be comfortable running a close process.