FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Tech Support Engineer - J2EE
We have partnered with one of the leading 'Payments Solution' FinTechs in London and they are in need of a J2EE Support Engineer to join their team in the city of London.
The Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% JavaEE platform supplemented with extensiveframeworks, backed by Oracle database.
You would be responsible for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, communication with client via email and on the phone, raising the defects where necessary.
You should be able to communicate with technical personnel on client side and business analysts.
Tasks and responsiblities:
- Analyse production incidents without direct access to production system
- Discuss technical issues with business analysts in business terms
- Troubleshoot Java code, identify potential multi-threading issues
- Proficient with J2EE platform, understand the concept, be able to quickly locate and process missing information
- Familiar with UNIX-based system, feel comfortable in Linux
- Build and optimize SQL queries in order to run on large databases efficiently
- Know or be willing to quickly learn Oracle database internals with the goal to analyze performance-related issues on the database side
- Participate in application performance testing and troubleshooting across whole software and hardware stack
- Recreate problem locally and able to debug the code to identify underlying defects
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as XSLD and XPath
- Experience in developing JavaEE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- Knowledge or Oracle RDBMS specifics is large plus
- Good understanding of SQL
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the JavaEE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS)
- BA, BS or MS degree
- GBP60000 - GBP65000 per annum + 1 day from home + more benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick