Tech Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- iwoca Ltd
- 20 Apr 19
Tech Business Analyst
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £500 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We're looking for a Tech Business Analyst to help improving our risk models and credit decision engine. You'll be responsible for identifying business requirements and communicating them effectively to the Tech and Analytics team, ensuring communication with key stakeholders throughout the project, documenting the processes and providing data analysis to drive improvements.
- Help to establish which projects we will be working on next by providing insightful data analysis.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to identify improvements to our credit models and help with automation of the current processes.
- Develop a strong relationship with the developers, analysts and the business. You'll be constantly talking to and shadowing the Credit Analysts to gather feedback on our credit decision as well as facilitating communication of these to the team.
- Create project backlogs and prioritise tasks based on business value, ensuring that the team is working on what will have the most impact.
- Manage the roll-out of new and updated functionality to the business, writing training materials/release notes and ensuring we drive utilisation while minimising disruption
- Track and monitor performance of new models and functionality, after launch to iterate and improve on them.
- Have a 2:1 or above in a from a leading university or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills and interest. You want your decisions to be data driven and you are able to identify which data you will need. You also show interest in statistics and how the data can be used to predict future events.
- Highly organised and proactive, with experience working with or strong interest in Agile principles
- Have a strong interest in software development, the ability to establish a baseline understanding of our systems, and potentially some programming experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, write clearly and explain technical issues to those without a technical background
- Ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems / challenges and develop the best solutions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Great at managing stakeholders (understanding requirements, providing timely updates on progress and explanations for any changes to the road-map, etc.) and able to effectively facilitate collaboration amongst various teams.
- Fluent English is essential
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we're right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
Job ID: 1568003 - Applications for this role will close on 11th March 2019