Team Secretary / Project Assistant
We're a global investment manager, responsible for £700.4 billion of assets for our clients, who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We actively and responsibly manage investments for a wide range of institutions and individuals, to help them meet their financial goals as they change over time. The world is forever changing but throughout our long history we have continued to adapt our business, keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients, today and in the future.
We moved into our new headquarters at London Wall Place, in the City of London, in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre, while having everything in place to work flexibly.
The Schroders Global Information Security team protect the organisations information assets against an evolving threat landscape. ~45 security professionals around the world enable Schroders to deliver services to clients in a secure manner and defend those services against any attack on their confidentiality, integrity and availability. Enterprise technology delivers cloud, data and architecture services that underpin our engineering capabilities across all lines of business and locations.
Overview of role
To provide a high quality, efficient and effective administrative support service for the CISO and Head of Enterprise Technology.
• Organisation of day to day meetings, meetings including required travel, room bookings and catering requirement.
• Extensive diary management.
• Global travel booking including obtaining currency and making car bookings, applying for Visa's etc.
• New starter on-boarding.
• Processing of monthly expenses for the Global Head IT Infrastructure and the Chief Information Security Officer.
• Preparation of meeting materials.
• Taking of meeting minutes as required.
• Responding to emails and other queries via telephone, including the fielding of sales calls
• Validating and arranging payment of invoices.
• Ordering stationery and supplies for department.
• Raising new equipment requests for department as required.
• Arranging departmental moves as required and keeping an accurate record of desk availability.
• Keeping Organisation charts and floor plans up to date at all times
• Organisation of departmental events
• Providing holiday cover for other PA's in department.
• Ability to use own initiative, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
• Previous financial secretarial/administrative experience at a high level
• Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
• Sound grammatical understanding and accurate spelling
• Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Professional manner and ability to build rapport
• Complete adherence to confidentiality at all times
• Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks
• Team commitment and collaboration
• People skills (inc with all levels of IT team in UK and overseas, senior management and their PA's, regulators, professional advisers etc)
• Previous knowledge and/or experience within the Investment Management or Financial Services Industry are helpful but not essential.
• Ability to participate in, and use initiative to propose and own personal actions from relevant professional and business meetings
• Ability to prepare well-drafted first drafts of reports of various types and to compile and coordinate the information needed to do so.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.