Team Manager - Equity Derivative Exotics Trade Support Director (AVP)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Trade Support team are responsible for providing support to the Equity Exotics & Structured Notes Trading desks for the issuance & lifecycle management of their Note & Certificate business and OTC's.
- Managing a team of six direct reports
- Conducting 1-1’s and performance reviews
- Managing control framework to mitigate operational risk
- Managing day-to-day team functions
- Calculating Complex Payoffs for Exotic OTC's & Structured Products
- Deal verification of Trade Booking to Termsheets or documentation
- Processing lifecycle management for Note and Certificate business.
- Daily reconciliation and clearance of position/product & internal accounting breaks
- Acting as escalation point for Trading & Sales
- Interacting with other internal support areas such as Finance, Treasury, Settlements and Legal
- Represent the team in the strategic agenda and market initiatives
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and work closely with Projects to implement mandatory changes to Trade Support processes
- Ownership of project completion including Business Requirement Doc reviews; Test case validation; Test evidence signoff
- Facilitating business enablement by partnering with the Business unit to on-board new products & flows
- Co-ordination of NPA/PRG approvals for New Product Sign-off
- Business Critical Support of the Algo Indices Business
- Knowledge of complex derivatives, specifically Structured Products and Exotic OTC's essential
- Familiarity and experience with the front-to-back lifecycle of derivative products.
- Ability to understand complex problems quickly and move projects forward.
- Strong analytical ability to absorb & interpret complex documents
- Experienced Team Manager
- Prior experience in performance management & career development
- Strong understanding of control framework
- Work as part of a dynamic and self-motivated team
- Strong communication/relationship building skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt existing skills in a new environment quickly.
- Ability to think laterally, and recognise opportunities for system/process improvement.
- Numeracy / mathematical ability
- Degree qualified or equivalent
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.