An international asset management business, which manages a diverse range of investment strategies and solutions for a sophisticated institutional and wholesale client base, is evolving its Product function to ensure it remains capable of meeting the complex and developing investment needs of clients. The team is focused on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining its reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Due to steady growth and expected demand, the Product group is now looking to grow its senior group of Product Developers with hires to lead Product teams in the following 3 areas:
- Index & ETFs Product Strategy & Development
- Real Assets Product Strategy & Development
- Multi-Asset & Solutions Product Strategy & Development
- ESG Product Strategy & Development
Each of these hires will be responsible for managing the strategy, development and design of market leading, competitively differentiated and compliant products and propositions, across both Institutional and Retail client channels.
- Establish and direct the respective Product function for each investment strategy area (i.e. ETF & Index, Real Assets, Multi-Asset and Solutions, ESG), providing leadership and strategic direction to a small team. As a member of the Product Strategy & Development leadership team, support the entire team with prioritisation, leadership and development
- Develop, drive and deliver an AUM and revenue generating product proposition strategy that ensures the needs and expectations of identified customer groups are met, complies with industry regulations and mitigates any potential operational and legal risks.
- Manage the design and delivery of product initiatives to agreed timescales and budgets, keeping key stakeholders aware of progress and highlighting matters for resolution as appropriate
- Maintain a strong awareness of relevant market activity and work closely with senior Product, Distribution and Investment colleagues to develop specific visions and strategies that contribute to the future strategic direction of the business
- Interface with other internal business areas, to define, present, discuss and agree product plans and initiatives; take ownership for the ongoing prioritisation of the product plan for the business area.
- Define, develop and deliver a strategy to ensure products are launched and maintained according to the Product Development Model and the Product Lifecycle Management framework so that the needs of the customers are met, whilst providing a clear audit trail that can be maintained by the fund governance team.
- Ensure regular analysis of customer, industry and regulatory activity; recommend where strategic changes may be required that affect our existing products and propositions and to drive through necessary enhancements, developments and changes
- Contribute, with other members of the Product Strategy & Development team, to triaging new ideas and provide input to the planning stage/product proposal to identify the demand, design and impact of a new initiative on the business
- Keep abreast of industry and competitor innovations in the Product space, as well as legislative changes through UK’s IA (or local market equivalent), global ‘product related’ regulations and corporate relationships to identify consequential product development activity
- Supply technical expertise to internal stakeholders about product structures and processes, attend internal product governance committees as required, and ensure existing products remain appropriate, compliant and legal for the market by co-ordinating changes to existing product structures
- Proven and demonstrable experience in product conceptualisation, proposition design and implementation of products in the investment management industry, with first-rate knowledge of Product life-cycle management and project management
- Experience in senior stakeholder engagement; ability to influence and engage at all levels across the firm and externally (e.g. suppliers and Boards, etc.).
- Capability to manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, to maximise both the team’s and individuals’ performance
- Knowledge of contemporary market dynamics, market evolution and competitive landscape for the respective investment stream
- Investment and/or liability management strategies of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes.
- Understanding of the insurance and authorised fund regulatory environments, both in the UK and Europe
Please note that, due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.