Team Lead Engineer (Java)
up to £200k base + bonus Summary:
This is a fantastic chance to join one of the world's most renowned financial firms, building out your own team to lead. A diverse and creative group, they are currently a team of 25 split between Buenos Aires and New York. As the first hire for this team in London, you will have complete oversight to build your own team of 10 (immediately) to 20 (in the near to mid-term future) engineers.
They are shaping a high-profile and exciting new fintech product which will impact tens of thousands of external users, generating a revenue of $100+ million a year. The project is only 6 months' old and as such provides a wealth of greenfield work for you to get stuck into.
A stealth team at an investment bank, you will learn more about this secret project after signing an NDA.
You will be partnering continuously with senior business leaders and stakeholders as you oversee all aspects of the software development lifecycle. This role offers a great opportunity to really apply your depth of knowledge and expertise, where you can be as hands-on or hands-off as you wish to be whilst managing the team. The successful candidate must have a track record of building and running teams with external client-facing enterprise-scale development and be extremely flexible and adaptable. Skills and Experience Required:
- 10+ years' software development experience (Java-based would be ideal)
- Proven track record of building and running client-facing, enterprise-scale development teams
- Solid experience of professional software engineering best practices
- Good knowledge of cloud native technologies
- Finance experience is NOT required
- Significant salaries + bonuses + benefits
- High degree of ownership and impactful work
- Excellent career growth and professional development is encouraged
- Design your own interview and hiring process
If you feel you are suitable for this role, drop me an email or give me a call! Richard Allan
[t] +44 (0)20 3137 9574
up to £200k base + bonus