Team Assistant required to support Berenberg's market leading Equity Research department!
Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg, Germany, and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks. 1,600 employees carry the Bank’s long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Banking and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.
Team Assistant (Research), London
- Diary management and travel organisation, arranging meetings and conference calls, booking restaurants/taxis, etc
- Coordinating all aspects of Analyst Roadshows, including travel bookings and all other logistics to ensure the smooth running of client- and corporate- facing events
- Using online database to retrieve client/ corporate related documentation
- General administrative duties: taking calls; relaying client messages accurately; processing expenses; updating team calendars and absence management system
- Printing/binding documentation and marketing material as required
- Helping with general meeting arrangements: room bookings; room set-ups; lunch set-ups
- Alternate early shifts (7am start) in week-by-week rota with other Research Assistants
- Proficient user of Outlook and other standard Office programmes (XL/Word)
- Adapts to the team and contributes to a collegiate approach to delivering high quality administrative support
- Relates well to people at all levels, interacting with external clients and internal staff members with high levels of professionalism
- Effective planning and project management skills to take account of multiple priorities
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors own performance against deadlines and objectives
- Takes appropriate instruction from others in following procedures
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings
- Educational qualifications that demonstrate proficiency in English Language and numeracy skills
- Flexibility in outlook; willing to tackle new challenges with enthusiasm
- Seeks opportunities to take the initiative and provide proactive support to the team
- Fluency in a European language is an advantage, although not essential