We are a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
IBD has a requirement for a contingent/contract worker to assist their global team based in the London office. Throughout your contingent/contract assignment, you will be provided with a supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe in collaborative team working.
This role requires a professional Assistant to provide a fast and efficient service to a group of 30+ Analysts and Associates within the Investment Banking Division, in addition to providing absence cover in product teams across IBD, as and when required.
Core Duties - Pool Support
- Extensive verbal and written interaction with predominantly internal colleagues, ensuring the building and maintenance of relationships, both domestically and internationally, within the team and across other business units
- Travel & Expenses:
- Proactively book and co-ordinate all travel including flights, hotels, visas, currency and ground transportation within the Firmwide Expense Policy
- Ensure relevant agendas and itineraries are organised in advance
- Process monthly expenses (American Express card, out-of-pocket expenses, invoices) in a timely manner, using Firm systems such as Concur
- Ensure expenses are processed quickly and efficiently and are within policy
- Proactively ensure expenses flow through internal checking system
- Arrange internal meetings, video & conference calls - including all meeting venues, dial-in details, etc
- Pro-actively ensure diaries do not have clashes and use initiative to find resolutions and workarounds
- Maintain in-house Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Any other ad hoc tasks, such as ordering business cards
Core Duties - IBD Absence Cover
- Provide ad hoc absence cover for Assistants across the division in teams outside of immediate buddy group, supporting senior bankers. This may additionally involve:
- Exclusive control of business schedule
- Maintain calendars, act as 'gatekeeper' for diary
- Written and verbal interaction with external clients
- Arranging external venues for meetings, such as restaurants
- Event management: Closing events, social/team events, etc.
- Other ad hoc tasks or projects
Absence Cover - Buddy Team
- Provide phone cover and support to Bankers outside of designated team when other members of the buddy group are out of the office
- Work with buddy group to ensure consistent Assistant coverage during lunch breaks, holidays and sickness absence
- Ensure handover notes are kept up-to-date for ease of coverage