Tax & Treasury Accountant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
The role will be predominantly tax focussed, with a small (but crucial) treasury element. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn, who asks questions and is always looking to improve a process.
The purpose of this role is to support the Tax & Treasury function for the Atlantic region. This job description is a guide only, and for the right individual there is scope for this to change and develop with them and the business.
- This role will suit an associate level looking to move in house or an already in-house tax accountant interested in broadening their horizons.
- Ideally they will have a broad practical experience of corporation, indirect or employment tax compliance, however this is not essential and an interest in the area and wish to learn is more important.
- Someone able to show initiative and strong problem solving abilities.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills with the creative ability to look outside the box for how to create new analysis
- Resilient and confident individual, who is flexible and able to respond to the changing needs of the business.
- Presentable and personable – the candidate must be credible with stakeholders
- An excellent communicator with the ability to break down the key aspects to non-tax specialists in a concise and effective way
- Proactive approach to working practices
- Prepared to grow with GFT
- Reporting to the Tax & Treasury Manager
- Work with the Internal Atlantic Finance Team based in UK, US and with back office Accounting and Invoicing Team in Poland
- Work with the Credit and Invoicing Teams
- Understand the taxation practices across the subsidiaries and undertake regular compliance reviews, to ensure the group produces and maintains robust, accurate and compliant accounting records in relation to taxation for SAO sign off purposes.
- Work with external tax advisors, HMRC, Canadian tax authorities and IRS
- In the management and group tax reporting and compliance, obligations and contribute to international tax projects
- Employment Taxes: UK, US & Canada
- P11D & PSA calculations:
- Collating & Assess the data
- Complete the calculation for review by the T&T Manager before submission.
- Reconciliation of the Payroll balance sheet accounts, ensuring adequate backing and detail for audit purposes.
- Supporting the process on Contractor on boarding for each entity to ensure compliance with the relevant employment law and tax rules.
- Providing support with any other area of Employment tax as they arise.
- Corporation Tax: UK, US & Canada
- Annual Return: Assist the T&T Manager in collating, preparing and reviewing the data required for the annual returns in a timely manner.
- RDEC: Working with the Business and specialist advisors to ensure required data and backing information is available, reports complete and data is fed into the returns in time for submission.
- Capital Allowances: Collation and review of backing data required for support of the Capital allowance claim.
- Providing support with any other area of Business/Direct tax as they arise.
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: UK, US & Canada
- Returns: supporting the near shore Polish team with preparation of the VAT return, enduring transactions are being treatment correctly for VAT purposes.
- Filing VAT returns through the HMRC portal
- Supporting the Accounting team with VAT queries
- Assist the T&T Manager in preparing VAT systems for any HMRC changes
- Review the HST data compiled by the accounting team for submission to the Canadian Tax Authorities.
- Review & submit the New Jersey Sales & Use Tax data quarterly return, as well as take on further filings as required as the business grows.
- Providing support with any other area of Indirect tax as they arise.
- Bi-Monthly Payment runs:
- 1st level review and approval of payments being submitted to the T&T Manager or FD for Bank approval.
- When required providing support for the treasury team in Poland setting up payments in the banking platforms
- FX rates: Maintaining the Invoicing FX rate with Group/Accounting systems
- Assisting the Tax & Treasury Manager with:
- Cash flow/Liquidity forecasting
- Management of the intercompany loan documentation
- Planning the payment runs
- Bank Administration changes, collating the required paperwork