- Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
- Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
- Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
- Support the delivery of valuation projects within budget and timeframe under the assistance of a Manager or Senior Manager.
- Provide an analysis of the particular company / business being valued using business analysis techniques.
- Draft comprehensive valuation reports with the assistance of a Manager or Senior Manager.
- Liaise with both the internal and external client to ensure that the two way flow of information runs smoothly.
- Research the background of the particular company / business being valued, identifying broadly comparable quoted companies, identifying and analysing sales data and calculating exit multiples. All this is done using a wide range of research tools including OneSource, LexisNexis, Hemscott and Datastream and our dedicated offshore research team.
- Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
- Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
- Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
Ideally, candidates should have experience of:
- Valuations under ITEPA for management incentive plans;
- Valuations of shares and other assets such as intangibles for tax purposes;
- Preparation of valuation models using DCF and other quantitative valuation approaches (option pricing theory etc.);
- Preparation of valuation reports and letters for UK tax purposes; and
- Experience in dealing with HMRC’s Shares and Assets Valuation team.
- IFRS 2 valuation experience is beneficial but not essential.
However, candidates with a basic understanding of valuation techniques, a strong sense of commercial awareness of how businesses operates and enthusiasm to learn will also be considered.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Confident communicator
- Strong excel skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to operate in a project driven environment
- A good understanding and broad range of transferable tax experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn