Tax Valuations - Assistant Director (Management Incentive Valuation) UKI - TAS - VME
Tax Valuations - Assistant Director Job Spec (Management Incentive Valuation) The opportunity
EY's Valuation & Business Modelling (V&BM) team is a fully integrated group of over 180 professionals providing valuation and financial modelling services to our clients. We work with many of the largest blue-chip corporates across a diverse range of industry sectors, providing insights and quality services to help build trust and confidence in capital markets and economies across the globe.
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Director to strengthen our tax valuation team in our London offices, particularly in the field of management incentive valuations, with potential to work more broadly within the tax valuation team in the context of business and intangible asset valuations. There will also be the opportunity to work on valuations for commercial and financial reporting purposes, as well as providing valuation support to audit teams.
The successful candidate will enjoy the potential for rapid personal development in a dynamic team with strong growth ambitions. From the outset they will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation projects primarily for Private Equity clients across a broad range of industry sectors valuing management incentives such as: shares and other securities in private companies, awards and transfers of carried interest units, as well as earn-outs and deferred consideration arrangements.
Working in the tax valuation team provides excellent opportunities to experience working across multiple industry sectors on varied assignments that can last from a couple of weeks to several months, frequently working as part of a cross-border, multi-disciplinary team. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Day-to-management of valuation assignments leading small project teams.
- Appreciating the context of a valuation by gaining an understanding of the underlying rights of incentive arrangements and the potential tax consequences.
- Day-to-day client liaison and attendance of client meetings.
- Keeping the project leader (Partner/Associate Partner) fully appraised of progress.
- Identifying issues and flagging these to the project leader in a timely manner, as well as contributing to solutions.
- Deliver high calibre valuation analyses and reports on time and to budget.
- Build a network of contacts (both internal & external) and pro-actively support business development initiatives.
We are looking for strong technical skills and the potential to lead project teams in direct support of a Partner/Associate Partner. Gravitas and credibility in front of clients and our colleagues is vital. The successful candidate should be capable of working on multiple projects at the same time, as well as possessing strong business development and project/team management skills. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you'll also have
- Relevant valuation experience at a professional services firm, within industry or tax authority.
- Experience of valuing management incentive arrangements, including on live transactions, and a deep understanding of UK tax valuation principles.
- Experience of negotiating valuations with tax authorities.
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally.
- Experience of business development activity and the ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organizations and clients.
What we look for
- Strong attention to detail in conjunction with an ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others.
What working at EY offers
- An outstanding team player, but also with the resilience and motivation to operate individually.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Build your legacy with us. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.