Tax, Quality & Risk Management (TQRM) - Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
The Deloitte UK Tax practice has a diverse and international client base across a range of business sectors. The practice is cutting-edge and innovative in all aspects of its work and has built a long standing reputation of expertise.
The Deloitte UK Tax practice has a diverse and international client base across a range of business sectors. The practice is cutting-edge and innovative in all aspects of its work and has built a long standing reputation of expertise. We are offering a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to join the TQRM team as an Associate Director to work with practitioners to support, influence and contribute to the success of the practice.
You will be the first point of contact on quality and risk matters and you will be given an exciting variety of work; no two days will be the same.
The high-performing and experienced TQRM team will provide you with training, tools and coaching in risk related financial, business, consulting and legal skills to help you reach your full potential.
The TQRM Team is responsible for providing practical support and guidance to the Tax practice on all aspects of the management of risk in the business, this includes:
- Client take on and engagement acceptance;
- Operational aspects of delivering tax services;
- Legal, regulatory and ethical advice;
- Advising on key projects and initiatives; and
- Providing training and guidance through a variety of online and written media.
Our Associate Directors take the lead on supporting the Tax practice. As an Associate Director, you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our practice and ultimately our clients.
You will be based in Deloitte’s London office and occasionally will be required to travel to other offices directly with the Tax practice.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do support agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. We recognise that our people are juggling careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
- Lead on resolving risk matters submitted by the Tax practice, consult with practitioners/other TQRM Team members to provide suitable challenge and identify proactive solutions displaying appropriate insight
- Work with TQRM team members and practitioners to ensure deadlines and client expectations are met particularly when managing a large and varied caseload
- Identify opportunities to further develop the Team’s work and implement the same
- Lead on projects and initiatives with support from senior TQRM Team members to help with timely delivery. For example, work with the TQRM Director responsible for communication and guidance a updating existing collateral and creating new communications and guidance to assist the Tax practice in the UK and Deloitte North West Europe
- Present and deliver training to the Tax practice
- Build and manage relationships with practitioners and key stakeholders to enable high quality service
- Champion the use of technology tools, processes and systems for effective working
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience working in a tax services environment (and relevant qualifications preferred)
- An interest and (ideally) experience in communications and delivering training
- Experience (or at least a strong interest) in the use of technology to enable service delivery preferred
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Strong commercial business skills
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will play an integral role in a high performing team that the Tax practice regularly consults, helping the practice best serve its clients and continue to enjoy success as an expert provider of tax services.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 148015