European Recruitment Manager
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Taxation, the newly created role of Director, Taxation will primarily involve meeting the tax compliance and tax reporting requirements of Brookfield’s European Global Manager group. This role offers an excellent opportunity for career development and growth as a tax professional in a highly dynamic and challenging work environment.
Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield is a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) in addition to the Global Manager group which covers the corporate functions. We operate on a decentralized basis where each business group is responsible for the activities of the business. Global Manager acts as a partner to each business group, performing certain functions that are shared across all groups (e.g.IT), sharing best practices, facilitating communication across the groups to ensure that activities that require consistency across groups are coordinated. Accordingly, we operate in a matrix environment requiring everyone to consider who might be impacted by a decision and/or who needs to be involved or aware.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Taxation, the role of Director, Taxation will lead the Tax function for BMG across Europe. This role will interact closely with Brookfield’s Tax teams based in London in the business groups and with BMG Tax team members in North America.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for career development and growth as a tax professional in a highly dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Tax planning, strategy and tax risk management for BMG;
- Proactively communicate tax risks and recommend tax strategies and solutions to senior management and BMG Tax team in Toronto;
- Manage external service providers to the tax compliance process for all BMG companies in the UK, Europe and the Middle East;
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns for all European subsidiaries including UK corporation tax returns, country-by-country reporting notifications and interest restriction returns;
- Preparation of quarterly tax provision and reporting for BMG entities;
- Provide ongoing tax support to Finance, Legal, HR, Treasury and other Corporate functions
- Manage HMRC tax audits and prepare responses to HMRC enquiries;
- Gathering information from subsidiaries as required to maintain compliance with the UK and Canadian CFC rules
- Keep up to date on tax changes and developments and communicate the implications internally to BMG.
- Gathering information from subsidiaries as required to maintain compliance with UK and Canadian CFC rules
- Assist with the annual publication of the UK Tax Strategy
- Keep up to date on tax changes and communicate implications for the Global Manager group
- Qualified ACA (or equivalent) with significant experience incorporate tax experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and /or in industry with a multinational corporate group
- Strong technical knowledge of UK tax rules and experience in tax planning, corporate reorganizations and CFC rules.
- Tax compliance and reporting experience for large corporates
- Good understanding of and experience with tax accounting under IFRS
- Able to communicate complex tax matters and issues in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management skills and applies a pragmatic and efficient approach to handling complex assignments