- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17
Tax Analyst 6-9 months contract
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Assisting with the preparation of Corporation tax returns for various entities in the UK group
- Assisting in preparation of the UK VAT Returns and EC Sales Lists for the UK and other European entities
- Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreements for companies in the UK group
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly calculations of current and deferred tax provisions under US GAAP for management reporting. Reconciliation of statutory to management reported tax for GAAP adjustments
- Dealing with day to day VAT and withholding tax queries from other departments (including preparation and filing of withholding tax refund applications)
- Upkeep of the Tax payments and Tax Return calendar
- Assist ing the Global Tax Department on an ad-hoc basis with projects and other initiatives
The focus of the role is to assist with Corporation, VAT and withholding tax issues in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Region. The role is based in London and includes tax compliance work. The position offers a good opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in a career in tax to be involved in a wide range of issues, covering multiple countries, within a global company.
- One to two years professional experience, preferably related to corporate tax and VAT (in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of a major financial system
- Competent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Analytic skills, attention to details and pro-active approach
- Fluency in English is essential and fluency in one other European language would be advantageous
- Technical knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP would be advantageous
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.