Tax Advisory Manager, 12 Month FTC
You will be involved in advising business units on tax issues relating to new transactions and products including the review of external tax advice. Your responsibilities will also include:
- advising business units on tax issues relating to new transactions and products (including review of external tax advice received, if any)
- providing tax advice on internal operations and transactions
- providing tax input into all application sign off procedures
- oversight of tax aspects of all legal documentation (e.g. share purchase agreements, tax deeds, ISDA, GMSLA, GMRA)
- monitoring changes in tax law especially in relation to investment banking activities and assessing impact on the business
- working on group tax projects relating to new legislation, corporate simplifications, thin capitalisation and recapitalisations etc.
- advising on tax implications of corporate actions such as restructuring, acquisitions, disposals and capital and profit repatriation.
- liaising with tax compliance and tax reporting to ensure new products are captured in internal tax reporting and external tax returns.
- liaising with Group Tax and Finance regionally and globally (including head office in Sydney) and external advisors.
Our business is to realise opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterised by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team:
You will have:
About the Financial Management Group
- university degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification
- up to 5 years PQE, coupled with strong Tax Advisory experience from within a similar role from a financial services, commodities/private equity or similar industry
- ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Financial Management Group and wider business.
- commercially minded with a good knowledge and experience of financial services taxation
- a high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus
- strong communication skills, with a strong team player mindset
- ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
- ability to work well under pressure.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.