Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will provide assistance in providing an efficient and robust tax reporting and compliance environment both in EMEA and APAC and to the US parent, as well as liaison with auditors.
The role is part of a 5-person tax team based in London, and Ideally you have previous experience working within the Asset Management industry or understand UK tax reporting and compliance Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
- Assisting with drafting of provisions for UK statutory accounts including draft tax computations, tax notes disclosures, group relief estimates and tax reconciliation.
- Working closely with Finance team to ensure relevant information for purpose of overseas tax computations is provided.
- Ensuring that information is acquired, and computations and returns are finalised for submission to HM Revenue & Customs prior to the filing deadline.
- Assisting with calculation of EMEA and APAC monthly tax provision and reconciliation of tax accounts.
- Calculating the quarterly instalment payments for the UK group payment arrangement.
- Supervising and handling EMEA and APAC group tax payments.
- Management of relationships and workflow with external tax service providers.
- Providing support on Senior Accounting Officer reporting.
- Support the maintenance of EMEA and APAC risk and controls procedures.
- Assisting with employment tax matters, including, but not limited to, the P11D and PSA filings.
- Assisting in ad-hoc tax queries as they arise in the business.
- Assisting with external auditor requests and inquiries.
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Qualified accountant or tax professional (ACA/ACCA/CTA) with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of UK corporation tax compliance and accounting.
- Confidence to communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues, advisors and auditors.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with the ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to operate independently, work closely and proactively within the tax team and numerous functional teams across the organisation.
- Excellent Excel skills are a must.
If you also had this, it would be great....
About Our Company
- Use of Workday, OneSource, and Longview systems preferable.
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to our clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognize that our success is due to our dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.