Tax - Corporate Tax - VP - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | TAX
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's worldwide taxes. We are responsible for tax compliance, financial reporting of taxes, tax planning, business advisory and management of taxing authority examinations. Our work contributes directly to the firm's success, and the division is ideal for creative and collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
We're looking for a tax professional to join our EMEA tax team to use their skills and experience to work within the Corporate Tax Compliance team. You will work closely with senior tax professionals to manage the corporate tax compliance lifecycle for the firm's entities in EMEA, in particular the UK; this includes day to day management of the relationship with outsource provider, managing the corporate tax compliance team and the day to day relationship with HMRC, including tax audit queries. You will also advise stakeholders on the impact of legislative changes and work with outside advisors on technical issues impacting the firm's tax returns, such as CFCs, hybrids, corporate interest restriction rules. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The position will focus principally on the UK corporate tax lifecycle, but will also include coverage of some other EMEA jurisdictions. The role will include managing the relationship with the outside service provider working closely with controllers and other internal stakeholders. The lifecycle includes corporate tax issues impacting the financial statements, in particular the firm's tax provision, review and submission of tax returns and managing the relationship with tax authorities, including tax audit queries
- Managing the correspondence with local tax authorities including HMRC including tax audit queries
- Input into the UK corporate tax returns on technical matters including, CFCs, hybrids, corporate interest restriction, capital allowances
- Advising stakeholders on changes in UK tax law and the potential impact on the firm's businesses
- Working closely with various businesses, controllers and other stakeholders on UK corporate tax issues affecting the firm's financial statements
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Qualified accountant with a minimum 8 years of UK corporate tax experience at an accounting firm or large Financial Services firm;
- Experience of outsource service relationships a plus
- Strong written, analytical and tax technical skills
- Detail oriented and organized individual, able to take ownership of projects and drive execution
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external working relationships, with excellent leadership capabilities
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity