Talent Acquisition Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition (TA) professional to support our growing business. Over the last few years we are really proud of what we have delivered as a business and team and we are now looking for someone to help us take that even further.
We want someone who is passionate about recruitment and who enjoys being part of a collaborative team and thrives in a fast paced environment. The role is a busy and a varied one, and very hands on. You'll work on projects, review and influence TA strategy and be responsible for managing the full recruitment process for your business areas.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
What you'll do
• You'll be the go-to person for all things in the areas of talent acquisition for your business areas with senior management, external organisations/partners and our wider HR teams globally.
• Developing and maintaining strong internal customer relationships with hiring managers and cross-functional teams.
• You'll manage and support the recruitment process; from, strategy, pre-qualification of requirements, sourcing and interviewing, through to offer negotiation and acceptance with a focus on strong business partnership and candidate advocacy.
• You'll have a keen interest in looking at how we can improve our processes. A part of this role is juggling multiple projects whether it be reinvigorating our recruitment processes or overseeing Inclusion & Diversity Initiatives.
• You'll be an expert on TA matters and happy to keep up to date with best practice, new ideas and engage with internal groups and external bodies.
• Build talent pipelines and execute tactical research, referral generation, social media, events and sourcing campaigns to attract key talent.
• Conduct telephone interviews and supporting interviews as required - competency and skills based.
• You'll be comfortable generating data insights and regular MI to share with key stakeholders to showcase progress and challenges.
• You'll be happy to organise and manage internal and external recruitment events, including annual rounds and experienced hire events, inclusion and diversity initiatives and recruitment forums.
• You'll be looking through a diversity lens when it comes to our recruitment efforts with an active interest in how we can attract a diverse range of applicants and ensure inclusivity working closely with the wider team on I&D strategies and initiatives.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Proven track record in internal and external experienced hire recruitment - niche and high volume roles and mid to senior levels.
• Solid technical and industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant business and technical skills, target companies, conferences and open source communities.
• Passionate about providing an excellent service and recruiting talented individuals.
• Experience with innovative sourcing techniques and direct sourcing.
• Experience managing and supporting hiring managers, HR BPs, interviewers and team members throughout the hiring process.
• Ability to build relationships with candidates, interviewers, hiring managers and business leaders.
• Proven track record sourcing and hiring passive candidates from direct competitors.
• Able to work independently and manage your business areas without constant supervision.
• Experienced in vendor relationship management of recruitment agencies and other recruitment suppliers.
• Data savvy - experienced in providing data insights and regular MI to key stakeholders
• Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to tailor messages to different audiences - happy to deliver presentations at in house and external events.
• Ability to navigate and utilise new technology to improve the recruitment experience for candidates, interviewers and hiring managers.
• Solid IT skills, especially Microsoft Office. Previous experience of working with recruitment portals, ATS tools and technologies.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Previous experience in technology recruiting.
• Experience in financial services industry would be desirable but not essential.
• Up to date knowledge of employment law and factors effecting recruitment in the UK and other regions.
What you'll be like
• Exceptionally collaborative; a true team player.
• Curious, passionate and enthusiastic; energised by change.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Take ownership for successful and timely delivery of business as usual activities and projects.
• Very strong interpersonal and consultative skills; able to build and maintain relationships with a breadth of stakeholders.
• Happy to roll up your sleeves where required to help others.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.