See job description for details
The Requirements Join us in London as TMS Murex Support Analyst
What you'll do
- We're looking for a first line support analyst for our Treasury business, where you'll use Murex front to back (trade booking, settlement, finance and risk) working with industry leading, 3rd party vendor software
- This is an opportunity to support the ring fenced bank front office wholesale Treasury business function
- You'll undertake day to day support activities to maintain the platform stability
- This is an opportunity to manage change incident and problem activities, working closely with colleagues in the UK and India
Within our Enterprise Solutions (ES) domain there is a Treasury Solutions platform which has a collection of applications with support, build, and change teams who manage those applications. TMS is one of those applications and services the ring-fenced, wholesale bank treasury business - known as NatWest Bank Treasury. The application is a Tier-1 application for the bank, meaning it is of the utmost importance to RBS business services.
You'll manage change, incident, release and problem processes adhering to RBS governance. We'll look to you to support activities to ensure that platform integrity is maintained in line with feature team and technical roadmap releases.
The skills you'll need
- Communicate and collaborate with the TMS application user community
- Participate in the introduction into operation and hand-over to support of new functionality and developments, as required
- Identify areas where service and robustness could be improved, through the detailed analysis and diagnosis of re-occurring platform and service incidents
- Support the identification of remediation work to feed into platform work stack delivery
- Develop colleagues by being a buddy and sharing experiences, expertise and specialist knowledge
- Participate or run incident, change and problem management activities
You'll need extensive experience supporting Murex in a Front Office, markets environment with excellent understanding of the Mx.3 platform components and functionality front-to-back, in particular - FO, BO, DataMart, Reporting, Integration, Risk and Batch Modules.
You'll be very comfortable working with Unix (RHEL), Shell Scripting, SQL (Oracle), XML/MxML/FixML protocols and will have experience of batch scheduling processing (Control-M, Autosys, or equivalent).
We're also looking for:
How we'll reward you
- Good understanding of ITL processes and controls
- Excellent understanding of treasury markets activities front-to-back
- A good understanding of common financial products - IRS, Bonds, Futures, FRAs, Interest Rates Options, Inflation Swaps, Loans / Deposits and FX (Spot/Fwd/Swap)
- A good understanding of trade lifecycle and business processes managed by FO and MO end users Good understanding of various types of market data
- Good understanding of risk and valuation methodologies
You'll start on a competitive salary from £50,000 to £65,000 depending on experience, and you'll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .