TECHNICAL CONSULTANT - OPERATIONS UK INVESTOR AML
A permanent position is being recruited within the Investor Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team of the UK Transfer Agency (UKTA) business.
UKTA provides third party fund administration services to numerous fund management companies covering a range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration and settlements.
We are now recruiting a Partner to be a Technical Consultant within the AML Team in Transfer Agency. This role will assist in providing assurance that Know your Customer (KYC) controls are robust and correctly executed across the business.
The team is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Anti-Financial Crime processes and associated controls in UK Transfer Agency and any outsourced activity.
The role requires the completion of workloads to support AML compliance services aligned to:
AML legislation/regulation & guidance/best practice
The AML Team's processes and procedures
There is a requirement to hold, build and maintain a strong relationship with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency Department to deliver a robust AML service to Northern Trust's client and investor base. Principal Responsibilities
• Oversight of the AML process for new and existing investors, including KYC checks, transaction monitoring, screening and outsourced activity
• Assist in the development and implementation of UKTA's anti-financial crime framework, as part of a transformation program
• Fulfil a subject matter expert (SME) role within the AML Team
• Provide advisory services to offshore locations
• Manage and execute client projects and change initiatives related to financial crime
• Manage and investigate complex AML and Fraud cases and complaints, where required, utilising a robust decision making ability towards appropriate resolution
• Provide leadership and guidance to team members and colleagues
• Strong understanding of corporate structures such as trusts, charities, pensions, private companies, including identification of ultimate beneficial owners
• Maintain a close working relationship with other areas of Transfer Agency, Compliance and Relationship Management
• Escalation point for issues for the local (London) and offshored Transfer Agency teams
• Work with line management to ensure that the AML Team meet the required audit, risk and compliance standards as determined in accordance with changes in legislation and guidance
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice and use this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust's AML processes and procedures
• Assist with the team inbox, ensuring internal and external queries are responded to in a timely manner
• Perform additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed
• Additional accountabilities include:
• Complying with the AML regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role
• Exercising due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management
• Observing proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of such duties Qualifications/Skills
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a fair amount of the following qualities:
• Experience in an AML Compliance or AML Transfer Agency role
• A good understanding of UK Money Laundering Regulations and industry guidance
• Strong leadership and an appetite to drive change
• Understanding of the end-to-end Transfer Agency model and downstream/upstream impacts
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Ability to review and resolve complex issues
• Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and to a high standard
• Effective risk management
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications relating to designated areas of responsibility
• An understanding of how to implement principles of quality delivery
• Commitment to excellence
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
• Interpersonal/team player
• Ability to stay focused/tenacious
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.