Systems Operations Engineer - London
Highly enthusiastic engineer with great communication skills wanted for a unique opportunity in one of London's most exciting hedge funds. Working closely with and supporting a small team of talented quant developers, you will play a crucial role in solving complex and interesting problems.
Offering the chance to make a real impact, no two days in this role are the same. You could be closely monitoring business-critical Linux systems and multi-petabyte storage solutions, troubleshooting network issues in real time or improving efficiency through better understanding users and automating routine tasks.
The ideal candidate will have expert-level Linux skills and enjoy sharing their knowledge with others. Now is the perfect time to join as they look to scale out their infrastructure - you could help to make this happen.
** NB: This position is open to university students graduating this year ** Requirements:
Rewards & Incentives:
- Strong academic background with a STEM degree from a top-tier university
- Solid Linux experience - ideally beyond user level
- Willingness to learn, with a curious attitude and mindset
- Passionate about what you do and enjoy using your skills to solve real-world problems
- Great pay and bonus scheme
- Huge amount of autonomy and ownership
- Professional development strongly encouraged (funded training, coaching, postgrad study, etc.)
- Amazing offices with views of the London skyline
- Open-plan office with free breakfast, snacks, music room, games room, yoga sessions, gym
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch: Dan Hampton