Not your standard algo trading firm, this company prides itself on building robust, fully automated technology to predict and trade on all liquid electronic financial markets.
This is a brand-new, highly impactful role, responsible for managing all day-to-day research and trading infrastructure, where you will shape and drive major engineering decisions focused on optimising and scaling the systems. Currently this covers everything from baremetal servers, VMs, containers and network devices for both the production-critical and large-scale HPC research environments.
Working very closely with the technical teams, you will lead a team of engineers to solve incredibly varied engineering challenges, such as optimising the performance and throughput of highly scalable HPC research clusters, improving the dev environment towards a self service model for the quant developers, expanding data centres and reducing latency via low-level hardware and kernel tuning.
The successful Systems Engineering Lead will love solving problems creatively, be able to work in a highly collaborative environment and will thrive on making a big impact across the business. Now is a great time to join as you will be able to get close to their advanced infrastructure, pre-empting where it could be improved and implementing new solutions at scale. Requirements:
Rewards and Incentives:
- Strong hands-on engineering experience
- Ideally experience as a Team Lead, including mentoring, hiring and day-to-day management of high performing team members
- Excellent Linux experience
- A curious mindset; keen to understand how things work, how they can be improved, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to interact at all levels of technical ability
- Familiarity with technologies including modern IP networking, storage, Python and SaltStack is helpful
- Exceptional compensation + bonus scheme + generous benefits
- Huge amount of autonomy and ownership
- Truly collaborative between teams - not siloed like other firms
- Professional development strongly encouraged (funded training, coaching, postgrad study, etc.)
- Incredible, well-equipped office with views across London
If you think you are a strong candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Josh Williamson
+44 (0)20 3475 5021