A leading investment management firm currently requires a Systems Engineer to join them on an initial 6-months contract based in London but can be fully remote from the UK.
We are looking for a hands-on, well rounded solution designer for our growing Infrastructure Support team. This team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems used to support our clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. The team also helps to develop new support services and architects our core infrastructure. We offer an opportunity for talented and driven individuals to get on board with an organization that values personal initiative and growth.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will:
* Collaborate with Operations and Engineering teams to provide infrastructure and networking support for our large and complex base of global clients.
* Assist in resolving priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts, participate in root-cause analysis, and support subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
* Implement and support infrastructure applications and services, such as Okta, PingIdentity, Citrix, SFTP, Active Directory, Group Policy, SSRS and Tidal?
* Assist with onboarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
* Have a deep appreciation of why Security is important to our company and our customers.
* Create and maintain detailed operational documentation and runbooks.
* Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
* Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
* Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
For your application to qualify
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
* Be a strong technical leader who can influence the evolving architecture and standards of our SaaS infrastructure.
* Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for virtualization and other core SaaS technologies.
* Perform capacity planning for critical infrastructure resources, plan system expansions, and adjust architectures for future growth.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
* Operational experience on an infrastructure/networking/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
* Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
* A strong knowledge of networking is required along with hands on experience solving problems with firewalls, VLANs, site to site VPNs, etc.
* An understanding of BGP, MPLS, OSPF, Azure Application Gateways and Azure Traffic Manager
* Substantial experience MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
* Several years experience with VMWare system advanced administration
* Several years' experience with Active Directory advanced administration.
* Several years' experience working in critical production environments, including Disaster Recovery support.
* Solid understanding of related Microsoft technologies - Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, Windows Failover Clustering, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
* A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
* A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
* Some scripting and automation experience, especially in Powershell, Perl, etc. a large plus
* Experience writing basic SQL queries to perform light database administration tasks.
* Solid understanding of file transfer and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
* Some support experience with security technologies, such as IDS/IDP, anti-virus, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, SIEM, encryption, server hardening.
* Experience with some web / application server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere)
* Experience with job scheduling software a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M)
* Experience with managed hosting and cloud providers a plus (ex: Rackspace, Amazon Web Services / AWS, Century Link, Azure )
* Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and application virtualization software a plus (ex: Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway)
* Professional IT certifications are a plus
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.
With a team of 180 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment business. Voted ‘Recruitment Agency of the Year 2021', our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hire across Finance, Technology and Specialist markets including the areas of Accountancy & Finance, Audit, Actuarial, Banking Operations, Change Management & Transformation, Compliance, Investment Management, Tax, Treasury, Housing Development, Pharmaceuticals, Technology, Digital & Data and Software Engineering.
We successfully provide both contingent recruitment and RPO solutions to a wide range of clients, through a brilliant understanding of sourcing and recruiting, the creation and evolution of employer brands and the fascination in the modern workplace.