The Systems Infrastructure team builds and maintains the distributed computer clusters, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our research and trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable on a command line and are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities are broad and include hardware and software installation and configuration, remote administration, monitoring, new hardware and software testing, automation and tool development, and performance tuning.
- Demonstrated ability to install, configure, and generally troubleshoot Linux
- Comfortable using Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Shell scripting or Python scripting experience, especially to help automate repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail needed to manage and debug production services
- Strong communication
- Able to context switch to work on several projects at once
- Experience and knowledge of Debian/Ubuntu is a plus