- Extremely Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 17
As a Systems Engineer in the London based office, you are primarliy responsible for first line systems administration and support of the remote office users, their workstations and laptops, conference room technology, networks, and various applications used by the remote office employees.
Systems Engineering group LONDON
The Systems Engineering group designs, builds, and supports the complex and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible.
Our engineers are collaborators in designing end-to-end solutions. They are actively involved in bringing our ideas to life. They collaborate across departments to engineer systems that address the richness of the problems we solve, as well as the diversity of challenges.
We keep the organization at the forefront of cutting-edge hardware. We design our networks to scale massively, so our formidable computing power can be brought to bear as we tackle the next generation of data analysis. We are not afraid to invest in deep infrastructure – thousands of computers communicating across lightning-fast networks actively engaged in discovery and analysis, driving the industry forward. We have talented, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
Systems Engineer (London Office)
As a Systems Engineer in our London office, you are responsible for first line systems administration and support of the remote office users, their workstations and laptops, conference room technology, networks, and various applications used by the remote office employees. You’d be challenged to:
- Be primarily responsible for all London office systems infrastructure and end-user’s technical needs
- Understand, evaluate and advocate for the technical and engineering needs of the London office and work with Engineers in New York to design technical and business solutions
- Ensure broad Systems needs of all remote office end-users and infrastructure are met. These include small offices in Hong Kong, Tokyo and a larger office in Houston.
- Provide first line support and alert handling for select business critical New York based systems and services during early morning hours
- Work closely with systems engineers in other offices in providing support and participating in projects for other offices
- 1-3 years of experience administering and engineering systems infrastructure, preferably at a smaller company or at a satellite office of a larger company.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of systems engineering including Active Directory, Windows desktops, Windows and Linux servers, networks, automation and scripting, and security.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Customer oriented, able and interested in working with end users, and communicate technical matters in an easy to understand language (when needed)
- Ability to work independently, exhibit great discipline, take initiative, and exercise good judgement while working remotely
- BA or BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- 1-3 years of experience in Systems Engineering or Systems Support Engineering in dynamic, fast-paced environments