I am working with a Global Tier 1 Investment bank who are looking to expand their SMM Strats team with the addition of a Senior developer. This is a great opportunity to work on cross asset, building out highly concurrent low latency systems as well as building distributed Systems.
The SMM core act like an internal consultancy to technology and perform very hybrid roles across all asset classes within Systematic Market Making Strats. You will be playing an integral part of a major overhaul of the front office electronic execution stack collaborating with other engineers and traders to extend this functionality of this new system, both to implement new strategies and improve existing ones.
There is a huge focus on performance where you’ll be involved in lots of experimentation gaining a deep understanding of how they interact with some of the most dynamic and liquid markets in the world.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Building frameworks and algos for agency side (execution)
- Building tech for the comms/rates eBusiness
- Messaging - lots of work around performance/latency
- Building distributed systems that help SMM interact as a whole
- Monitoring Metric Collections
- Strong knowledge of Java or C++
- Experience working with low latency systems (microsecond count)
- Knowledge of distrubuted system as well as performance tuning.
- Ability to work close to the hardware stack from a latency perspective