System Administrator - Banking - City of London - up to £85k plus bonus and benefits
- up to £85k plus bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Mar 19
Skills: Linux, Red Hat Support, Shell, Oracle
A global financial organisation based in London is looking for an experienced System Administrator that can work on permanent basis in their City of London office. As a System Administrator, you will provide day-to-day infrastructure support for the company's applications and their server environments.
You will also provide technical development and support for the designated application. The relevant candidate will work as part of a shift to provide 24/7 support of designated application(s) infrastructure.
It is essential you have recent experience working for a Financial/Banking organisation!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Define standards for the designated applications, their platforms and database environment.
- Providing technical support to development & infrastructure projects.
- Maintaining full documentation of systems, fault resolutions and incident investigations.
- Modifying & maintaining existing scripts to handle changes in infrastructure.
- Providing support on a rota basis and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Extensive System Admin experience
- RedHat Linux 7.x
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Shell scripting (Born, Korn, Bash etc.)
- Patch Management
- Financial Service experience
- Oracle Database 12x Enterprise Edition administration
- Oracle Replication (GoldenGate/DataGuard)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Puppet Enterprise/Ansible
To be considered, please ensure you complete your application on the Computappoint website.
Services offered by Computappoint Limited are those of an Employment Business and/or Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.